THESE SMOKEY BBQ BACON HAWAIIAN CHICKEN BURGERS ARE QUICK AND EASY TO THROW TOGETHER AND ARE JAM PACKED WITH FLAVOUR TO SATISFY ANY MIDWEEK BURGER CRAVING.
THIS RECIPE IS EXTREMELY ADAPTABLE - WE SWITCH BETWEEN COOKING THIS IN THE KITCHEN OR OUTSIDE ON THE GRILL, OFTEN CHANGE OUT THE SPICE MIX FOR ONE OF OUR FAVOURITE BBQ RUBS, ADD TOMATO SLICES OR RED ONION FOR EXTRA JUICINESS, AND INCREASE THE RECIPE PROPORTIONS TO SERVE A CROWD!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Salt & pepper
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 4 pineapple rings
- 4 slices good quality smoked cheddar
- 4 burger buns
- Cos lettuce
- BBQ sauce
- Pat chicken breast dry with a paper towel, slice in to generous tenderloins, add to a bowl with olive oil and toss.
- Mix together paprika, garlic powder, chilli flakes* and a good pinch of salt and pepper, then add to chicken and toss to coat.
- Preheat a frying pan over medium heat and add chicken portions.
- Fry for 5 minutes each side until chicken is cooked through or has an internal temperature of 74*C.
- Once chicken is cooked, set aside and fry off bacon rashers until crispy and set aside before frying off pineapple rings.
- Serve on burger buns with a good helping of mayonnaise, spinach and smoked cheese slices.
*Note: The chilli flakes can be omitted or increased to suit your individual tastes.