THESE FRESH TARAKIHI SLIDERS (INSPIRED BY A FAVOURITE DISH ENJOYED AT AL BROWN'S RESTAURANT DEPOT) ARE TAKEN TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH A CREAMY, TANGY PRESERVED LEMON DRESSING.
SERVED IN SOFT SLIDER BUNS WITH ROCKET AND SNOW PEA SHOOTS, THIS DISH IS AN ABSOLUTE CROWD PLEASER!
- 1kg Tarakihi fish fillets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp preserved lemons, finely diced
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 6 slider buns
- Snow pea shoots
- Salt & pepper
- Slice fish fillets into suitably sized portions for your chosen slider buns.
- Add 1-2 cm of oil in to a deep-sided frying pan, and heat over a medium heat, plus preheat your oven grill.
- While the oil is heating, prepare dressing by mixing preserved lemon, lemon juice, mayonnaise and chives to form a tangy sauce, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dust fish portions in flour and shallow fry for 1-2 minutes each side, until just cooked.
- Toast slider buns under the grill for a few minutes, then assemble sliders with a portion of fish, a big dollop of preserved lemon dressing, rocket and snow pea shoots.