Nothing really beats meltingly tender pulled pork in a taco or wrap, but if you don't have any to hand (or hours up your sleeve to cook one!) this quick smoky pork wrap is a pretty good runner up!
- 500g diced pork
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup pineapple, finely diced
- 1/4 coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4 large tortillas, or 8 soft tacos
- Smoky Dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce (or chili sauce if you prefer heat)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Combine all salsa ingredients together in a serving bowl and set aside.
Smoky Dressing Prep
- Mix all smoky dressing ingredients together in a serving bowl or jar and set aside.
- Mix flour, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder and add to a large plastic bag.
- Pat diced pork dry with paper towels, add to the bag with the seasoning, and toss until pork is well coated.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, and cook pork in batches until nicely browned and cooked through. Set aside in a serving bowl.
- If desired, warm your tortillas or wraps.
- Lay out the cooked pork, shredded lettuce, salsa, smoky sour cream and tortillas/wraps and let your family assemble their own pork and pineapple wraps!
- This is an extremely flexible recipe and you can replace the lettuce and salsa with any salad ingredients of your choosing. If omitting the pineapple salsa, the sweetness of grated apple would also work well with the smoky pork!
- We like the richness that bbq sauce lends to the sour cream, but if you prefer a firey dish, feel free to replace it with a hot sauce of your choice.